Wednesday 17 February 2016

Just Lovely - for Indigoblu

I'm sharing an IndigoBlu project today made with some of the lovely new goodies that have been released recently.

I chose a sheet from the 12"x12" Grand Tour Mixed Media Stack to use as my base, and left over pieces of Cartography Mixed Media Cardstock in various sizes, with the edges distressed to create a textured base to one side of the page.

 After gluing down the pieces I added some texture through the Flourishes Stencil and also with my finger around some of the edges of the card, for added texture.
 After a quick blast with a heat tool I added a few embellishments and then gave the whole page a coat of White GeeSsoGood, making sure the embellishments had a good covering.
Once this was dry I added some of the text and texture stamps from the Tasty Textures Stamp Set using Potting Soil Archival Ink.  I then diluted some of the gorgeous new Marshmallow Cottage Garden Paint 1part paint to 5parts water in a spray bottle, gave it a good shake to make sure it was totally mixed, and spritzed across where the embellishments, papers and texture paste was.
 I find it's better to build up the colour with lots of fine layers when spritzing, you have more control that way. The beautiful young lady is from the Lost Family Collection a selection of postcards perfect for mixed media projects. I cut around her and then added some colour to her hairband and flowers, before adding her to a die-cut frame, that had been coated with White GeeSsoGood and highlighted with Sheffield Steel Megaflakes Then it was just a case of building everything up on top of the embellishments, and adding flowers, pearls and gems for a little sparkle, along with  a little splattering of Lime Marmalade Cottage Garden Paint (available soon) and some watered down White GeeSsoGood.
See you soon,
Elizabeth x

1 comment:

Jane Royston said...

That is gorgeous! But now I am thinking I need to get the paper in 12 X 12 as well!!! X