Wednesday 26 June 2013

Dragons Dream TIO #144 Coastal, Mica and a Flourish/Crafty Individuals June Challenge

It's my turn over at Dragons Dream TIO to choose the theme, so how could I resist (this being the middle of Summer and all, and me living at the seaside),  having a coastal theme.
I've used a  chipboard  tag this time as I wanted a good solid base to work on.  The background was crated with a mixture of distress stains, mica powders and gilding wax. The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals and the flourishes are from HOTP.
You might have noticed I love Seahorses and they make an appearance whenever possible. This is one of Caroline's and has been painted up with Imagination Crafts mica powders, which are gorgeous in the flesh sadly photo's don't do them justice, finished off with Creative Expressions gilding wax and, erm, a snowflake!!!! Yep you read that correctly lol, the fin was made from an Alterations snowflake die using a couple of layers of tissue paper, see a snowflake is not just for Christmas lol.
Hope you pop along and join in our challenge this time, just please remember to use at least one real stamp on your tag. You will find a link to the challenge blog on my sidebar. 
I'm also going to see if I can enter this in to Crafty Individuals June challenge as well.
Elizabeth xxx

7 comments:

Helen said...

I see I should have worked my flourishes into the sea on my tag... lol! This is brilliant, Elizabeth - thanks for pushing me on this theme!

Faye said...

Elizabeth, your seahorse tag is gorgeous. I can actually see the shine in the mica, something that doesn't always show up on the screen. Beautiful.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, love the seahorse.

Scrapmate said...

A lovely tag.

nefertiti said...

Original and beautiful tag! bizz

Jean Hardy said...

I love Seahouses too, and great idea with the fin! Thanks for entering the CI Challenge for June. Jean x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is gorgeous, what a beautiful seahorse and gorgeous fin! Love the soft colours , yet yummy! A beautiful make x hugs x