Tuesday 18 May 2010

Mermaid


I love the stamps from lavinia, and as they are only a couple of miles away, it seems fitting that I use them!!
I've had the mermaid stamp for several years now and still love using it, she can look so very different with a change of colour. I stamped her out in memento ink and coloured her in with pro markers. then very carefully inked around the edge of the card with the big and juicy waterfall ink pad. Added the seahorses, fish and urchins also in various shades also from the waterfall pad.
Covered the finished artwork in aslan film, then coated in art institute crystal glitter. Finished off by mounting on to some green and blue card before adding an extra seahorse for some balance.

4 comments:

Beryl K said...

Love this one too Elizabeth, love how you have created such a wonderful underwater scene
Beryl x

Rainbow Lady said...

this is lovely Elizabeth I guess it is for my challenge so thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Janet said...

Absolutely beautiful with your signature of fantasy! Just lovely. Que - what is aslan film?

Janet xx

Janette said...

Wow i love this card